Friday, June 29, 2007

Too busy to post on my birthday...

Oh well, Happy Birthday to me - yesterday. I got so many flowers this year my office seems like a florist shop (it sure does smell nice). This year, my boss asked one of my co-workers if she had any suggestions for a birthday present for me. She kindly directed him to a pair of luxury knitting needles - Alba's Rosewood and Silver size 15. Oh my goodness they are beautiful (and yes, I tried them out at lunch and they are a bit heavy but otherwise exquisite). Pickings were otherwise pretty slim so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I had been watching a few things on Ebay and the scarves pattern book that Crazy Aunt Purl showed on her blog the other day was about to end so I placed a bid and won it (Yay!). There was also a set of bamboo 6 inch dpn's ranging from size 0 to 10.5 but that one didn't end until 30 minutes from the time I got off work. So I rushed home (and traffic was good to me for a change) and I placed a bid and won them too. Whoo hooo!!!! Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday dear meeeee, Happy Birthday to me. Yes, I am lame...but happy. :)

5 comments:

Mary Sarah said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! (a day late... sorry about that!) All the flowers sound wonderful and you'll have to show your new knitting needles! How Cool! WhooHoo on things you won on Ebay! Too Fun! Oh! and all the knitting books... Way Cool! See you soon!

Mindy said...

I wanna see the Bamboo ones when you get them. I've been thinking about buying a set too. They're really inexpensive. I was wondering what the quality was like?

Sandy said...

Okay since it was on your B-Day then your wonderful shopping was the right thing to do. At least you have stayed on your yarn diet. Or is there something you have forgotten to tell us. You know your another year older so thought maybe I had just better check to make sure you had not had a senior moment. Just Kidding

Hugs

Alison said...

Happy birthday! (I'm slow, but I get there.)

O'Malley said...

POST! POST! POST! Something, anything! hahaha